Last Updated: November __, 2020
Like most website operators, Intelligent401k collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Intelligent401k’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Intelligent401k’s visitors use its Website. From time to time, Intelligent401k may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its Website.
Intelligent401k also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on https://<WEBSITE> blog posts. Intelligent401k only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Intelligent401k’s websites choose to interact with Intelligent401k in ways that require Intelligent401k to gather information relating to an identified or identifiable person (“Personal Information”). The amount and type of information that Intelligent401k gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up to be contacted at http://www.intelligent401k.com to provide first and last name, mailing address, social security number, birth date, email address, phone number, financial information (financial or investment account numbers, login and password, bank account numbers, credit/debit card numbers, expiration date, and CVV), and other contact information.
Intelligent401k may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its Website. This may include date/time, IP Addresses, usernames, account names, and/or actions taken on the Website. Intelligent401k may display this information publicly or provide it to others.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, Intelligent401k uses “Cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
Purposes for Which We Use Your Personal Information
- provide and administer the services, information, content, and products you requested (including billing and payment, account transactions or balance information);
- to respond to your questions and comments that you communicate to us through the “Contact” feature on the Website, to respond to your customer service requests and support needs, or to respond to your other requests;
- to send you information such as new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up-to-date with Intelligent401k and our products and services. You can always opt out of email marketing by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link appended to the end of a promotional email from us;
- to transfer your information as part of a merger or sale of the business;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented most effectively for you and your computer;
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, or otherwise to provide and administer our Website;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- for developing analytics, to perform business analyses, or for other, similar purposes to improve the quality of our business, our Website and the content, products, or services we offer;
- at the request of law enforcement or government agencies; in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish, protect, or exercise our rights; to defend against a legal claim; to protect the rights, property, or safety of any other person; or as otherwise required by law;
- to create aggregated, non-personal information, and/or de-identified information; and
- to investigate possible violations of and enforce our contracts, including Intelligent401k Website Terms of Service [INSERT LINK HERE] and any terms and conditions associated with our products, and to comply with our legal obligations.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. While no websites can guarantee security, we maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Information, including assuring that third-party service providers who access or handle Personal Information on our behalf and affiliates maintain such safeguards. For example, the Website is protected by secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology. However, remember that there is no guarantee that information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. When you submit information to us through our Website, you should be aware that your information is transmitted across the Internet and that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Retention of Personal Information
How We Disclose Personal Information
- Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with affiliated and unaffiliated companies that perform tasks on our behalf related to our business. Such tasks include managing and analyzing the Website usage data, customer service, electronic and postal mail service, marketing services, social commerce and media services (e.g., Facebook, ratings, reviews, blog). Third-party service providers receive your Personal Information as necessary to perform their role, and we instruct them not to use your Personal Information for any other purposes. We may share your Personal Information with our auditors, lawyers or other professional advisors so they can support our business. Like the other service providers, these professional advisors are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- Financial Institutions. When you setup your account, add funds to your account, request a payment from your account, or request a statement through the Website or through our Services, we may provide your Personal Information to your bank, credit card company, or other financial institution (“Financial Institutions”) in order to process such requests. Our use and disclosure of any Personal Information to Financial Institutions is limited in accordance with applicable privacy laws and our agreements with the Financial Institutions.
- Business Transfers. Intelligent401k may, in the future, sell or otherwise transfer some or all of its assets or some or all of its membership or voting interests to a third party. Your Personal Information we obtain from you via the Website may be disclosed to any potential or actual third party purchasers of such assets and/or may be among those assets transferred in accordance with applicable law. Once transferred, your Personal Information remains subject to any preexisting applicable privacy policies.
Your Choices and Rights
We strive to maintain the accuracy of any Personal Information that may be collected from you, and will use our commercially reasonable efforts to respond promptly to update our database when you tell us any such information in our database is not accurate. It is your responsibility to ensure that such information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You may obtain from us, by email or mail, the information in our records and/or files. If you wish to make any changes to any Personal Information you have provided to us, you may do so at any time by contacting us at email@example.com .
Links To External Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, products or services.
Our platform is not for children. Therefore, we do not knowingly collect or solicit any personal information from children. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child, we will promptly take steps to delete that information.
Transferring Information Internationally
Our servers are located in the United States. If you are accessing the platform from outside the United States, be aware that your information will be processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information in the United States and other countries (including the country in which You are located).
Depending on applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Request access to personal Information about you.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of personal information about you. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of personal information about you where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of personal information about you. You can ask us to suspend the processing of personal information in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of personal information to you or to a third party.
- Withdraw consentat any time where we are relying on consent to process personal information about you.
If you wish to exercise any of these applicable rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Individuals Located in California.
This section provides additional information to California residents whose personal information is processed by us pursuant to California law such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). If you are not a California resident, this section does not apply to you.
Categories of Personal Information Collected and Disclosed: During the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information that are processed pursuant to the CCPA: (1) identifiers, such as your contact information and online account information; (2) Internet and electronic network activity information, mobile applications, and social media pages; (3) audio, electronic, or visual information; (4) professional information; (5) education information; (6) inferences about you, including about your preferences; (7) financial information and other information as described above that may be considered personal information under Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.80; (8) protected classifications under California or federal law; (9) commercial information including records or products or services purchased; (10) biometric information; and (11) geolocation data.
We do not, and will not without your consent, “sell” personal information for purposes of the CCPA. As set forth in the Policy, we disclose personal information to third parties for business purposes, including without limitation, for purposes of advertising, marketing, and other services performed on our behalf, to protect against fraud and malicious activity, and for other business purposes described in the Policy. During the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed each of the above-listed categories of personal information for such business purposes. In addition, your information may be accessible to third parties with whom you interact or direct us to share your information through our services.
CCPA Rights: The CCPA allows California residents to request that a business that collects consumers’ personal information give consumers access, upon a verifiable consumer request, in a portable and (if technically feasible) readily usable form, to the specific pieces and categories of personal information that the business has collected about the consumer, the categories of sources for that information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, and the categories of third parties with which the information was shared. California residents also have the right to submit a request for deletion of personal information under certain circumstances, although there may be legal or other reasons that the We must retain your information consistent with California law. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights and choices, although some of the functionality and features available to you may change or no longer be available to you. Any differences in the services are related to the value provided.
Please submit your request by emailing us at email@example.com. Please indicate in the request which right(s) you are exercising and provide us with an e-mail address or mailing address to which we can direct our response. Once we receive your request, we may verify it by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity.
If you would like to use an authorized agent registered with the California Secretary of State to exercise your rights, your agent should indicate in the request that he or she is acting on your behalf. We may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf.
We reserve the right to deny requests in certain circumstances, such as where we have a reasonable belief that the request is fraudulent or where your identity cannot be confirmed.
How You Can Contact Us